[Sca-cooks] keeping produce fresh

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 1 08:38:13 PDT 2002

Hello everyone,

    As I prepare for pennsic I realized that on my new food modification
plan (aka - diet) I eat an enormous amount of vegetables.  Since it is the
time of year for fresh veggies I want to bring as much as I can from the
garden.  However, how do I keep it fresh?  If I put it in a cooler with ice
it will get soggy and it is too cold.

   I thought maybe if I put a thin layer of ice on the bottom of the cooler
and then raised the veggies above somehow that might work.  Then I thought
maybe you all have some ideas.  The veggies I am talking about are things
like brocoli, spinach, lettuce.

   Any ideas?

         Angeline

Angeline di Aquila, DoD
Dominion of Myrkfaelinn, mundanely:Ithaca, NY
Interested in:  Cooking, Throwing Weapons, and Sewing