[Sca-cooks] travel food

Draco Somnus dracosomnus at katspit.net
Fri Aug 16 06:09:02 PDT 2002

> With my usual travelling companions, the junkfoods-of-choice are Necco
> wafers, which I think are vile, but which I willing supply to them,
> since they're doing the driving.  Plus, Julie's gotta have Classic Coke
> (esp. the Canadian version), and Vaun wants some sort of plain latte,
> and a particular kind of beef jerky.  Oh, and Vaun adores really weird
> gummi critters--sharks and such, and Julie likes Swedish Fish, although
> I can never remember if she prefers the plain red ones, or the assorted
> colors....)
> --maire

In the misty depths of time when I traveled (day trip? What's a day trip?)
my travelling companion and I would buy a bag of the Hershey's minatures.
She'd eat the Mr Goodbar and the milk chocolate, I'd eat all the dark
chocolate and the krisp rice ones (Krackle? I think?), and we'd arrive,
slightly quesy and jazzed on enough sugar and caffeine to put up camp
before crashing much to the amusement of our campmates.

I don't think I've eaten more than one minature since.

Lann

DracoSomnus Studios
Weaving Spinning and Costuming
DracoSomnus at katspit.net