[Sca-cooks] mazipan

leslie.watson at sympatico.ca leslie.watson at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 19 10:41:47 PDT 2002

I was very lucky to be able to see the marzipan that was done!  the detail was wonderful, they even did the trilliums in Ealdormere's Crown!!!  People often skip that because it is fussy.

Olwen also made some mazipan shrimp that disappointed one of the Kingdom of the West's Champions.  He had not eaten all day and was hungry.  He exclaimed great shrimp!!!  I had to tell him it was Mazipan. That made a lot of people happy as there was none left by the end.

They where great and I surprized at least one set of royals by eating the clove fly.

I want to thank Owen for donating the dish.  It made my life a lot more fun.

Aibhilin