[Sca-cooks] mazipan

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:20:11 PDT 2002

>I was very lucky to be able to see the marzipan that was done!  the detail
>was wonderful, they even did the trilliums in Ealdormere's Crown!!!  People
>often skip that because it is fussy.
>
>Olwen also made some mazipan shrimp that disappointed one of the Kingdom of
>the West's Champions.  He had not eaten all day and was hungry.  He
>exclaimed great shrimp!!!  I had to tell him it was Mazipan. That made a
>lot of people happy as there was none left by the end.
>
>They where great and I surprized at least one set of royals by eating the
>clove fly.
>
>I want to thank Owen for donating the dish.  It made my life a lot more
>fun.
>
>Aibhilin

Thank you for your kind words.  I am glad that you and some others came and
had the opportunity to see the Kingdom Arms down at our camp.  You got to
meet Alainne d'Ancenis who was actually the woman that did the Arms of
Ealdormere.  She fussed over the crown for over an hour and it made every
second of it worth it when you admired it so.  Alainne is getting so good at
this craft.  I do not know if any of the Royals actually got the Arms.  Our
Baron had planned on making the presentation is Great Court but was told he
could not.  His second plan was to give them out just before Court while the
Crowns were being assembled.  He finally ended up placing them on the seats
on the dias' and two, including AnTir, on a table somewhere in the barn.  I
was not there.  I was too ill to stay to help.  I have not heard any report
about them.  Oh well.  We did what was requested.  I leave it at that.

It was a fun pleasure to make up the plate of shrimp and the flies.  It
would have been nice to sit back and watch faces but that was the night of
the cooks list potluck.  I'm glad you got some fun from it~!  If I can be of
any further service, just let me know and we can go ask my Master.
Olwen