[Sca-cooks] mazipan

Joe & Holly jlange at northcascades.net
Mon Aug 19 12:58:30 PDT 2002

Are there pictures on line? - Kenna

----- Original Message -----
From: <leslie.watson at sympatico.ca>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>; <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 10:41 AM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] mazipan

I was very lucky to be able to see the marzipan that was done!  the detail
was wonderful, they even did the trilliums in Ealdormere's Crown!!!  People
often skip that because it is fussy.

Olwen also made some mazipan shrimp that disappointed one of the Kingdom of
the West's Champions.  He had not eaten all day and was hungry.  He
exclaimed great shrimp!!!  I had to tell him it was Mazipan. That made a lot
of people happy as there was none left by the end.

They where great and I surprized at least one set of royals by eating the
clove fly.

I want to thank Owen for donating the dish.  It made my life a lot more fun.

Aibhilin