[Sca-cooks] Pennsic, Cuskynoles, Blackstar and Everything....

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 08:40:20 PDT 2002

Hello, folks, I made it back alive....I think. Got in
about 10:30 last night, and am slowly motivating
around, getting things done.

A very interesting Pennsic. More things than I care to
think about went wrong, yet somehow, we managed to
live through it.

Cook's Potluck went very well. Thanks to Duke Sir etc.
Cariadoc, I am now the only person in the Knowne
Worlde, I believe, to have tried both his and
Adamantius' version of Cuskynoles ;-) And, btw, Your
Grace, I'll try to remember to send you the URLs on
the Mastermyr metalsmithing project.

It was raining, and we had, I think, a smaller
attendance because of it- I know the rain affected
both the quality of His Grace's efforts, and mine, but
everything I tasted was wonderful. I wish you guys
could have seen that glorious cake!!!!! Olwen, I hope
you got pictures ;-)

It was very good seeing you all, and I hope, now you
know where we are, you'll all come visit more often
;-) Special thanks to Mistress Christianna for the
loan of the table- due to situations beyond our
control, half of our camp didn't arrive as planned, so
getting things organized was....difficult.

My deepest thanks to Her Majesty, Alys, for the
wonderful scroll and comments She made when presenting
Thorclaw's AoA on the battlefield. Your Majesty,
again, my deepest apologies for the inability to
provide what we had promised, but there simply wasn't
enough of me to go around. Thorclaw is a very shy man,
and all he could say was "Thank-you", but he was so
proud of that scroll (beautiful, btw), he showed it to
all of us several times ;-) I just wish You could have
joined us for the Potluck ;-)

Master Chirhart, Olwen, and House Blackstar!!! What a
lifesaver you all were!! Your kindness and your
hospitality made a couple of rough days not only
tolerable, but pleasant. I particularly want to thank
you for Thorclaw's marzipan gargoyle- he loved it! But
after the day I had had on Black Thursday, your
affection and support, not to mention your beer and
good company, helped me put a very rough day into
perspective. And btw, the patient you found me and fed
for me was just fine the next day. Thank you all ;-)

Phlip, very tired, but now an expert on comparitive
cuskynoles....

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,