[Sca-cooks] Pennsic, Cuskynoles, Blackstar and Everything....

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 09:45:46 PDT 2002

>Hello, folks, I made it back alive....I think. Got in
>about 10:30 last night, and am slowly motivating
>around, getting things done.
>
>A very interesting Pennsic. More things than I care to
>think about went wrong, yet somehow, we managed to
>live through it.
>
>Cook's Potluck went very well. Thanks to Duke Sir etc.
>Cariadoc, I am now the only person in the Knowne
>Worlde, I believe, to have tried both his and
>Adamantius' version of Cuskynoles ;-) And, btw, Your
>Grace, I'll try to remember to send you the URLs on
>the Mastermyr metalsmithing project.
>
>It was raining, and we had, I think, a smaller
>attendance because of it- I know the rain affected
>both the quality of His Grace's efforts, and mine, but
>everything I tasted was wonderful. I wish you guys
>could have seen that glorious cake!!!!! Olwen, I hope
>you got pictures ;-)
>
>It was very good seeing you all, and I hope, now you
>know where we are, you'll all come visit more often
>;-) Special thanks to Mistress Christianna for the
>loan of the table- due to situations beyond our
>control, half of our camp didn't arrive as planned, so
>getting things organized was....difficult.
>
>My deepest thanks to Her Majesty, Alys, for the
>wonderful scroll and comments She made when presenting
>Thorclaw's AoA on the battlefield. Your Majesty,
>again, my deepest apologies for the inability to
>provide what we had promised, but there simply wasn't
>enough of me to go around. Thorclaw is a very shy man,
>and all he could say was "Thank-you", but he was so
>proud of that scroll (beautiful, btw), he showed it to
>all of us several times ;-) I just wish You could have
>joined us for the Potluck ;-)
>
>Master Chirhart, Olwen, and House Blackstar!!! What a
>lifesaver you all were!! Your kindness and your
>hospitality made a couple of rough days not only
>tolerable, but pleasant. I particularly want to thank
>you for Thorclaw's marzipan gargoyle- he loved it! But
>after the day I had had on Black Thursday, your
>affection and support, not to mention your beer and
>good company, helped me put a very rough day into
>perspective. And btw, the patient you found me and fed
>for me was just fine the next day. Thank you all ;-)
>
>Phlip, very tired, but now an expert on comparitive
>cuskynoles....

Hey there Phlip!  Glad you are home safe and sound.

I want to thank you and the SPCA for hosting the potluck.  It was fun to see
faces and chat.  And all that yummy food!  Two tables filled with goodies!
Personally, I copped out, did the cheap and easy, and just brought a wheel
of brie, but so many folks showed up with such an assortment of delicious
foods!  I hope you all post in on your contributions to the potluck!!

I think I got a picture or two of the cake section that Orlaith brought
down, but she assured me she had several pictures of the entire cake and
would have those online soon.  I am sure she will post a link to them and I
would recommend everyone to take a look at that fabulous work.

My daughter, Morningstar, made the marzipan gargoyle for Thorclaw and
carried it over with me to give to him.  We got some pictures of it.  He was
lucky she did it!  I had a whole different picture in my head, and it wasn't
so large, or so cute~  I'll post what I get back sometime this week (I
hope).

It was good fun to have you come down and sit with us and throw back some
wine and share company.
Olwen