[Sca-cooks] Rachitic pelvis

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Aug 26 05:40:18 PDT 2002

For what it is worth, a rachitic pelvis is one that is not dimensionally
normal, typically female [as the birth canal isn't normally a concern in men
for some  ...unknown reason ;-)]

Typically the opening is more flatly oval than oblately oval and a noticable
size difference. Think of it as the difference between say a lemon and a
lime, and a shape difference of a fingerling banana and a lemon.

IIRC, rachitic pelvises are more typical to [now] women being under [again,
IIRC] 5 feet tall  than due to dietary deficiencies [at l;east in the
american and western european populations, third world countries have their
own nutritional problems.] and the traditional birth related problems were
frequently solved by eitehr c-sections or if non-viable, dismantling the
foetus in utero and extraction followed by a firm recommendation of no more
attempts at pregnancy.

margali

[hey, it has been 15 years since I did any training, I am amazed that I can
remember what a pelvis is...;-)]