[Sca-cooks] Herring, Deer, and more

Kristina L Klingler kristinaolaffsdotter at juno.com
Mon Aug 26 22:14:24 PDT 2002

Forgive me as I'm WAY behind on my email & combining replies.
I just complained about their not being enough cook-talk and now there's
so much I can't read it all.  Becareful what you wish for.  ;)

> And the problem with herring is?

I'm not much of a fish person, although I can eat it.  It's just that
Swedes eat WAY too much of it for my taste.  Although they're quite
creative in the many, many methods they have of preparing it.

> I think it all has to be imported because the
> US doesn't allow native venison to be sold.

I *think* it's that they can't sell white tail deer.  Can only sell Red
Deer?

> Why would someone pay the extra money to serve kosher venison at
> an SCA feast

oops, sorry.  the kosher venison was more for my personal use.  I've been
spoiled by being the recipient of people's hunting leftovers and I really
miss it.  I'm sure I won't be able to feastocrat with all the
requirements and expenses being kosher comes with.  It just wouldn't be
practical.

> Have you looked at the files in the CHILDREN section
> of the Florilegium?

I'm very familiar with the Florilegium, thanks.  I'm there on a regular
basis.  I've been told I'm on it somewhere, but I haven't found myself
yet.  :)

> Have you checked out the glossery yet?

I don't believe so.  where is it?

Kristina Olåffsdotter aff Rejäl Fästningsgrej
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.