[Sca-cooks] Rice recipes that bear a resemblance to rice custard/pudding

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Aug 27 06:53:44 PDT 2002

This is in response to the old thread wherein someone was looking for
documentation for period rice puddings/custards?
These are not 16th c., but rather come from the Anonymous Andalusian
cookbook that His Grace has on his website.  I ran across them while
doing research for an upcoming feast.  They don't have egg, but bear a
truly remarkable resemblance to the stove-top rice puddings I've made.
--Maire