[Sca-cooks] Fava beans and other things

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Wed Aug 28 12:02:48 PDT 2002

While cruising for various feast ingredients, I came across The Global
Marketplace (url: http://www.globalfoodmarket.com/ ) and they sell 1 pound
bags of split "baby" fava beans at $2 for 16 ounces and two other types as
well. Among other things, they have the rosewater I was looking for in a 10
ounce bottle for 2.50 (and orange flower water at the same price),
pomegranate molasses in a 12 ounce bottle for 3.75, and other things like
wheat berries, mastic, rose buds, barberries, spanish saffron at 38.00 per
ounce, and galingal powder or dried.

The real problems with using them are: no search function on the website so
you either have to prowl the various sections (dangerous if you like to buy
neat things!) or know where the item you want is likely to come from.
Countries/areas represented are: Eastern Mediterranean, France, India, Spain,
South American and the Caribbean, the Orient, Italy, America, Africa and
"Legumes of the World". Additionally, they have a minimum purchase of $25.00,
but with the variety of spiffy things on the site, that's not so hard to
reach.

Definitely fun to browse if nothing else:  http://www.globalfoodmarket.com/

Ilaria