[Sca-cooks] Meals for Women's hearts

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 01:32:35 PDT 2002

> > Okay, I'll just say the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach
> > (veal or chicken cutlets sauteed and served with beurre rouge with
> > black olives and rosemary has never failed yet...

>SingleDrakey.
>
>Ps.  For me it's bitter chocolate tart with a spoonful of crème
>fraiche/Icing Sugar whip on the side (yes I will provide a recipe later...)

Okay, since this has turned into a thread about what us male
types are capable of cooking, here is my tentative menu
for Cristene Seelye-King when her and her husband come over for
dinner in a couple of weeks. Not a "win her heart" kind of
meal, naturally, but I think they may enjoy it.

Boned, butterflied Leg of Lamb with salt, pepper, lemon and garlic
roasted open on an oven rack.

Assorted veggies and mushrooms, tossed in olive oil and placed in
a sheet pan underneath the lamb to catch the drippings and roasted.

Sauteed Spinach and Kale with tomatoes, balsamic, garlic and fresh
sliced parmesian cheese.

Fresh Bread

And dessert will be, in honor of Selene's birthday, a chocolate
hazelnut torte with Ameretto Whipped Cream.

I have to throw all this together after work so it won't be
fancy. But I have to have something to impress such distinguished
guests.

Gunthar