[Sca-cooks] Kitchen tools

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Aug 29 10:23:03 PDT 2002

I was actually considering bidding on that cheese slicer that was on ebay
last month. After all, who but those on the cooks list would consider
spending $175 [buy it right now style] on a device to cube massive
quantities of cheese? As if we NEVER get involved in serving lots of people
;-)

margali

the quote starts here:
As for the $275 knife, the stereotypical male likes expensive toys,
regardless of what sort of toys they are (I'd like to see the customer
stats by gender as to who spends more money at Sharper Image or Hammacher
Schlemmer). They're status symbols, as are single-use kitchen gadgets. The
best is a hugely expensive single-use kitchen gadget (says the woman who
is contemplating a Revolation II chocolate temperer). It's why the king
always had more concubines than anybody else.

Margaret