[Sca-cooks] Kitchen tools

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Aug 29 11:20:25 PDT 2002

At 10:23 AM 8/29/02,Marilyn Traber said something like:
>I was actually considering bidding on that cheese slicer that was on ebay
>last month. After all, who but those on the cooks list would consider
>spending $175 [buy it right now style] on a device to cube massive
>quantities of cheese? As if we NEVER get involved in serving lots of people
>;-)
>
>margali

Do many of you get the Harbor Freight and Tools catalog? ( harborfreight.com )

They have a gizmo, okay, a FEW gizmos, that I seriously look ever everytime
that catalog arrives in the mailbox.

Of particular note for serious feast cooks is the meat saw and meat grinder
all combined into one super table.  It has the bandsaw for cutting meat,
and coming out of the side of the table is the uber meatgrinder from
hell.  It's around $300.  Now... ... hmmm.... I'd probably have to take up
meat dressing for the entire barony to justify that one the spouse. There's
also the propane stove with 2 burners, a griddle in the center and AN OVEN
for $49. The oven is a tad small, ( 8.5 x 11 x 4 ) but but but, its an OVEN!!

This weekend is the Seige cookoff contest at Potrero, just think of what we
could do if we had an OVEN!! (and being propane powered, it's allowed under
the current draconian fire regulations). Ah well. I already have 2
campstoves and 2 propane bbqs. Justifying another campstove at the moment
is right out of the question.  But a girl can dream!!!

Regards,
Maggie MacD.