[Sca-cooks] keeping produce fresh

Rhiannahn rhiannahn at SoftHome.net
Thu Aug 1 08:55:58 PDT 2002

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.
--

  .. not sure as to the area type where you are (I'm in Oz).

On thing the folks have done, but I haven't too often myself (I get a bit
lazy when only camping for a few days)
Is to do the dig hole in ground - put esky or whatever you intend to store
veges in (plastic container works best) in hole in ground.

Dig hole slightly bigger than needed line with garbage bag - place a layer
of ice at the bottom put containter on top.  This works really well esp if
you put it in an out of the way corner of you cooking tent (i.e. under you
sink area) - needs to be somewhere accessible, but not difficult to get to,
but also not where someone will put their foot through it.

Arglwyddes Rhiannahn uerch Rhianfellt uerch Rhydderch Rhayader

--

---