[Sca-cooks] 16C rice custards

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 1 09:15:48 PDT 2002

Lady Katherine Rowberd (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert) wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of any similar recipes pre-1600,
>especially English 16th century... I know that a lot of recipes were
>plagiarised (in modern terms, at least) from one cookbook to another,
>around that time.  I've had a quick flip through some of the likely
>suspects, but haven't found anything yet.  So does anyone else know of
>anything similar?

There are quite a few similar recipes using *rice flour* (or powdered
rice). I found them when researching the Bardic Feast, since i was
looking for recipes with ingredients brought to Europe by the Arabs,
and rice is one of those. Are you interested in these as well, or do
you just want those with whole rice?

Anahita