[Sca-cooks] Feast Ambience - incense

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Thu Aug 1 17:31:28 PDT 2002

I am a scent sensitive girl myself. Department stores have gotten better; walking into one used to be like a game of russian roulette as I tried to duck past the women armed with perfume bottles, spraying randomly into the crowd.  If unlucky I would be sprayed by a perfume, and one I am sensitive to, and then it was a matter of trying to get home as quickly as possible before the spots before my eyes made driving impossible, and before the migraine hit.

Nowadays things are much better, the ambient perfume in that section (why is it always near the entrance?) makes my head pound, but that goes away quickly after I have left the vicinity, and they no longer spray people, but have little cards that they give out.

Incenses (the wrong ones) give me pounding headaches, but none have ever given me a full on vision-gone-stomach-roiling migraine. Giles' advertising of this event has at least been very clear about its intention to have incenses about, which is great.  If I was able to go to the event (which I am not, sorry Giles!) I would simply go armed with drugs.

Kiriel