perfume and stuff wasRe: [Sca-cooks] Feast Ambience - incense

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 1 18:01:18 PDT 2002

>>I just picked up this thread, haven't read past post, but just based on
>>this one....  I'd say what's being described is "commonly" known as
>>chemical intolerance.
>
>As an aside, I should point out that it's really hard because a lot of
>people think y'all just imagine things, it cant' be seen or touched, so it
>can't be "real"...
>
>Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd

Funny (not), but peoples bodies do the oddest things in self defense.  I
have almost completely lost my sense of smell.  It doesn't take care of the
entire problem, but has cut back on the frequency and sieverity of asthma
attacks.  I get these lucid "smell" moments and I run wildly from person to
person and item to item just enjoying the smell of them.  Trust me, some
folk just don't like being sniffed!  Now, my body has come to a completely
new defense system!  On code red days, my throat closes.  My vocal chords
swell and I talk like I have laryngitis until the air clears.  This goes on
for anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks!  Crazy what we do
unconsciously to protect ourselves.
Olwen