[Sca-cooks] Feast Ambience - incense

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Aug 2 01:51:57 PDT 2002

At 04:20 AM 8/2/02 EDT, you wrote:

>> Actually none, one of my crew suggested is as it smells good, is cheap and
>> apparently stimulates the appetite, so I just shrugged and said "yeah,
>> righto". :o)
>>
>> Giles
>>

>I think your crew member was pulling your leg. Burning sage, smells like pot.
>
>Annan

Uh, having lived in the Land Where Hippies Never Grew Up (Eugene, Oregon),
I have to say sage is usually burnt to cover the smell of pot smoke. It is
a fast way to make me really sick (headache, nausea). Not to mention that I
have seen mention of incense and boiling herbs for medicinal purposes, but
I don't believe I have ever come across a reference to burning sage in a
period mss.

'Lainie