[Sca-cooks] keeping produce fresh

palmoret at juno.com palmoret at juno.com
Fri Aug 2 06:08:09 PDT 2002

---------- "Aurore" <Aurore at hot.rr.com> writes:

Maybe the old fashioned way my mom used to tell me about.  wet straw.  will keep the produce fresh and still give it-the moisture it needs just have to change the straw every now and again.   they used to keep apples the same way in the root cellar.  an apple surrounded by straw and kept cool will keep most of the winter.
Subject: [Sca-cooks] keeping produce fresh