[Sca-cooks] Feast Ambience - incense

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 3 16:16:02 PDT 2002

'Lainie commented:
> Uh, having lived in the Land Where Hippies Never Grew Up (Eugene, Oregon),
> I have to say sage is usually burnt to cover the smell of pot smoke. It is
> a fast way to make me really sick (headache, nausea).

Ah, then the solution for when someone is burning sage which is giving
you a headache and nausea is probably to light up some pot. Hmm, would
this be medcinal use?

> Not to mention that I
> have seen mention of incense and boiling herbs for medicinal purposes, but
> I don't believe I have ever come across a reference to burning sage in a
> period mss.

Well, those interested might also look in these files, as well as the
incense ones mentioned earlier:

smoking-msg       (15K)  1/10/02    Period smoking of tobacco and other plants.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/smoking-msg.html

hemp-msg          (48K)  7/30/01    Use of hemp in period. In ropes, as an
                                       intoxicant, clothing. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/hemp-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net