[Sca-cooks] marzipan Arms

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 5 12:26:50 PDT 2002

> >> "Philippa Farrour" was registered in 1994, and has no associated arms.
> >>
> >> Avraham
>
> Maybe it's time for a few arms heralds to get together and come up
> with suitable arms for her. And say they're going to register it to
> her unless she comes up with one she likes better by the end of
> Pennsic, or whenever. I believe you can submit your proposed device
> directly from Pennsic.
>
> Stefan
> (who has had his device for mumble, mumble years)
> --

Hee hee hee.  Too bad that the College of Heralds has no enforcement power
whatsoever.  <image of Heraldic Brute Squad, big ol' bubbas in
crossed-trumpet tabards and brass knuckles, wielding batons like
nightsticks>  I'm an arms herald, let's see what we can do.

She refers to herself as a head cat wrangler of SPCA.
Ferraria/Farrour refer to iron, or the occupation of Farrier, who shoes
horses with iron.
Her tagline is: Never a horse that cain't be rode, And never a rider who
cain't be throwed....

Let me propose:  Argent, a cat passant sable, an orle of ogresses.
White background, a walking cat, and black discs around the outline of the
shield a'la horseshoe nails.  She's a forceful person so maybe a
double-entendre in the appellation of "ogress"?  Maybe so, maybe no.  We like
ogres, being "Shrek" fans, righties?

Selene Colfox
Sable Fret Pursuivant, Caid