[Sca-cooks] marzipan pizza

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 18:50:24 PDT 2002

>>this should be quite a challenge for me on a more personal level.
>
>I suspect you've just not been around a good pizza. Pizza need not
>have all the cheese and grease that you are mentioning. I seem to
>remember when pizzas were discussed here previously that the modern
>European pizza, and probably the period ones, were not loaded with
>cheese or meat.
>
>Can you make reasonable anchovies out of marzipan? Mushrooms shouldn't
>
>be that hard, nor sausage or pepparoni.
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of

I have been around all sorts and types of pizza.  The kind that comes from
Papa Johns, Pizza Hut or any other commercial pizza place all looks like
vomit on a plate to me.

I have eaten and enjoyed really good Deep Dish Pizza when I lived in
Chicago.  I am also fond of veggie or fruit pizza.  I had even given Hans a
recipe for a pizza I thought I would like.  He has not made it as of this
writing and probably tossed it out knowing my basic instinct to the food.

As an artist, I think in te+ture and placement.  If food, or the arrangement
of food, is not pleasant, I gag.  Some folks can pile stuff on top of stuff
in any order.  I am not obsessive about it, but, given my preference, I want
a nice visual presentation.  I believe the thing with commercial, fast food
pizza is not simply visual, but I can not tolorate that amount of floating
fat.

As to your question of being able to reproduce mushrooms, sausage or
anchovies, may I remind you of this;
http://groups.msn.com/OlwensOddities/thecooksguildmembers.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=148
  Pretty much, show it to me, and give me a bit of time and WhaaLa!
I am hoping my daughter will be at Pennsic in time for the potluck.  If she
isn't, I shall make sure to bring her around, with a hope she will "perform"
some of her artistic magic.  My gods, this girl has skill and art just
dripping from her.  Stefan, and all, you will just love (parts) of her.
...cripes that didn't sound right either!....BACKBACK!! THAT'S MY
DAUGHTER!!|
Olwen