[Sca-cooks] Chop, chop, Master A

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Aug 5 20:56:17 PDT 2002

At 01:30 AM 8/6/02 +0000, you wrote:
>>James and I took my younger daughter and her boyfriend out to our favorite
>>Chinese restaurant recently- the poor kid. Young Henry was not familiar
>>with chopsticks, and he's left handed so I really couldn't help him.
>>
>So, were you sitting across from him or beside him?  By and large, left
>handed adults can "get it" by sitting across and mirroring.  Then there are
>the basic Western "don't get it's".

I was sitting across from him, but my brain doesn't do mirroring that well.
He did seem to get the idea of the sticks being finger extensions, and that
helped. And there's Miss Priss, sitting next to him, picking up bits of
rice, and giggling. Good god, I always hated the giggly girls at school,
now I have one...

So, Oh Wise and Wonderful Master A (scrape forehead on floor)- what is
proper technique for picking up large pieces, like big pieces of breaded
chicken, or egg roll or such? Fingers? Very careful with sticks? Spearing
them?

'Lainie Fumblefingers