[Sca-cooks] Simple pleasures (OOP)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Aug 6 21:56:33 PDT 2002

Huh! I never thought of combining bacon and rice, but I bet it's tasty.
Bacon and pasta's pretty good, too.
If I have my druthers, my favorite rice is basmati.  I tend to make a
huge pot of it, and reheat it as necessary.  I especially like it with a
little butter and parmesan cheese (shades of pasta again <g>), but I
also like it with this odd sweet chili sauce I get from a local Thai
deli...it's called "tu'ong ot ngot," leaving out some of the accent
marks that plain text can't handle...It's made from red chilies, salt,
sugar, and vinegar, although I always swear that it tastes like it has
garlic in it too...<g>
I actually had pizza for dinner tonight--several members of the barony
got together and moved all our old stores from a member's garage into
our new storage unit, and I bribed them with pizza and root beer to help
me move my boxes of fabric stash while we were at it (barony and I are
splitting the storage unit.  Simple, basic pizzas without a lot of stuff
on them (to avoid people's various food issues), and it was really good.
--Maire, catching up on emails before she heads to bed....night, y'all!