[Sca-cooks] Simple pleasures (OOP)

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 7 06:48:19 PDT 2002

Thanks for the warning! I cook and freeze rice all the time - easier
when you are single, especially if you like brown rice, which takes a
while. Once, I forgot it in the rice cooker, and by morning it was
astonishingly gicky, so I've been careful since... but I didn't know
about this. I've be even more careful about packing it up quickly.

I pack it up in freezer bags, pop them out and microwave them. I've
started making up other dishes in full recipes and doing the same. When
I am rushed, pull out a couple of bags and some frozen veg, and... it's
not the same as smelling that basmati cooking, adding some perfect small
zucchini... but it's better than store bought!

Anne