[Sca-cooks] Regional names for common egg dish...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 06:58:18 PDT 2002

>On 8/6/02 12:03 PM, "Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com>  sat on a
>tribble, which squeaked:
>
> > As for the other, we never had anything like that at home, but it was
>one of
> > the recipes we learned in Home Economics at school.  The instructor
>called
> > it "toad in a hole".  I have no idea where the instructior was from, but
>the
> > school was in San Diego, California.
>
>     (Laugh)  Dare I ask what school it was?

Oh, tough question Padraig.  I have absolutely no memory of the name of that
school.  I just remember it having the "skirt length" rule and the kids
could bring in records to dance in the quad at lunchtime.  It was across the
canyon from my house so lots of us used to cut thru, and on the way home
some of us would go snake hunting.  Any snakes we got we would take to
Norman's house and put in the tanks in the garage.  Well, until one day one
of the rattlers got out of a tank and into the kitchen.  Then his mom
banished all the snakes.