[Sca-cooks] Regional names for common egg dish...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 07:57:31 PDT 2002

> > My mother always makes creamed eggs when she's not feeling well.  It's
> > comfort food for her.  I've never seen it with onions, though.  Nor have
> > ever thought of making it with anything heavier than milk.  We always
>eat
> > ours over toast.  My grandmother used to make me creamed hamburger,
> > basically, browned ground beef, mix in flour and add milk, cook til
> > thickened.  Also served over toast.  Used to be one of my favorite
>things
> > when we'd go visit.  Happy memories.
> >
> > Mercedes
> >

>My mom used to make this too, when we didn't have any sausage in the
>house... except I'm in NC, so we had biscuits with it instead of toast...
>
>Generys

My dad used to make something like this made with the three different meat
types mentioned so far, sausage, hamburg and that dried stuff shedded.  I
would never sit at the table with it.  I suppose food has always been a
visual thing for me which may be why I cann't stand pizza and other such
foods or plates of with food just tossed on any fashion.
OTOH, I used to love to sit next to my uncles smokehouse and eat fresh baked
bread with fresh churned butter on it.  I was also fond of sliced bananas in
a bowl with milk and sugar.  Oh, and onions and carrots pulled out of the
garden, wiped on my jeans.
Olwen