[Sca-cooks] Other economy meals OOP

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Wed Aug 7 15:13:33 PDT 2002

Nick Sasso writes:
>So what poverty foods does everyone else remember?<

        That would be Dad cooking Pancakes  & Waffles for supper.  That was
his claim to fame to feed us 7 children.   I can still remember him cooking
broccoli none of us would eat coz he added salt to the boiling water instead
of a sprinkle of sugar (it was overly salty).

 The other  "dish" was boiled potatoes & cabbage with a pound of bacon fried
up, crumbled and everything mashed together/  mixed in. We called it "mush."

    Caointiarn