[Sca-cooks] Tag lines

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 19:19:46 PDT 2002

>At 11:12 PM 8/7/02 +0000, you wrote:
> >>****************************************
> >>Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
> >>      (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
> >>OBTag: I used to be amused. Now I'm just bored.
> >>
> >I'm sorry.  *I* am still amused!  Come on now, just perk up there
>Avraham!
> >Things will get silly again!  I promise!!
> >Olwen who beleives in leaving the door open
>
>Hey Olwen- Avraham's tag lines come from a tag line generation program. I'm
>not sure he even sees them before they go out. They aren't indicative of
>how he feels/thinks/groks today, but of the luck of the draw when the
>computer reached for one. About as deliberate as a Chinese fortune cookie
>(of which I've gotten some real corkers lately...)
>
>'Lainie
>not bored, just sleepy

Ah.  I have heard of these automatic tag lines before.  I do not think it
would be my choice.  I would rather folks don't get the impression of a way
I do not think or feel.  Same error I just made.  Obviously, some of us do
read the tag line, and unless you are Master A (who I just don't get), I pay
attention to them...  It seems, to me anyway, that if it is so important to
*have* a tagline, you should be in control of it.
One woman's opinion.
Olwen, no tag besides...peace..