[Sca-cooks] [newbie] Hello.

Sergey Kryzhanovsky ksv at sunbay.com
Fri Aug 9 08:58:59 PDT 2002

Hello Susan,

SFD> Hello Sergey!  Are you in the SCA and if so where?  I am in Los Angeles,
SFD> California, where the sun shines all the time [and if you believe that,
SFD> I have some swamp land in Atenveldt to sell you!]

 I'm only a subscriber of that maillist. :) Living in Ukraine, Crimea
peninsula. It's a Blask Sea area.

SFD> If you have a good source for Russian cooking of the Medieval period,
SFD> you will have many fast friends on this mailing list.   I volunteer to

 It's now popular in exUSSR to publish old cook-books. Especially not a
problem to post XVII-XIX centuries recipes here. But it is really hard
to cook them. :)

SFD> kick off the questions.  What distinguishes Ukranian from Russian
SFD> Cuisine?  I really don't know much beyond what my grandmother remembered

 There is no any difference between modern cousines of Russia and
Ukraine except ukrainian love to fat and some dishes. Old cousines
were very specific to region. Also peasants cooking was not similar
to noble cooking, of course.
 It will be more sense in my help if you will narrow the scope of your
question. :)

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:ksv at sunbay.com