[Sca-cooks] Period Polenta

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:52:20 PDT 2002

>Would it be too redundant to serve the barley and the millet in
>different courses, seasoned differently, of course (bearing in mind
>that most Medieval grains seem to be cooked to mush, if i'm
>interpreting the earlier recipes correctly)?

It shouldn't be a problem, especially if you follow each
of the recipes. They look totally different other than the
fact that the main component in each is boiled grains.
I don't see where there would be a problem with them.

One should be fried so it should be a bit solid and the other
could be served pretty "mushy".

>Thanks,
>Anahita

Gunthar