[Sca-cooks] Period Polenta

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 9 17:38:31 PDT 2002

Polenta is cooked into a mush (hence "cornmeal mus" in the US), but it can
be served from a very thick gruel (wet polenta) to a loaf (dry polenta).  I
tend to cook it drier, form a loaf, and slice it, using Apicius's fine wheat
polenta and my personal experiences with fried mush as the basis for my
choice.

Bear