[Sca-cooks] Russian Rye Breads

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sun Aug 11 22:24:09 PDT 2002

At 05:25 PM 8/11/02,johnna holloway said something like:
>Check out
>http://www.kingarthurflour.com/cgibin/start/ahome/main.html
>
>for the Baker's Catalogue from King Arthur flour which
>has a bakers website and e-mail list/roundtable and index
>of recipes. There are a number of things that can be done
>to make Russian Rye more "authentic"... from the flour to
>adding things that punch up the dark clors and the taste.
>They cover it all.
>
>Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis
>(This bounced from Maggie's mailing address, so I hoped this won't
>repeat to the list..)

Sorry about that bounce, no idea why it happened.

That is just about the same recipe I had used to make the bread that I gave
to my friend. He said it was too light and fluffy, making it cake, not bread.
*sigh*

I used caraway seeds, I used the very ultra dark honey from my dad's
hives... I did NOT use molasses or coffee.. Bah.

Well, eventually I'll find something, maybe.

Regards,
Maggie