[Sca-cooks] Something Different? OOP, OT

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 13 09:20:21 PDT 2002

> Also sprach Christina Nevin:
> >  >OTOH, having ripped off The Lensman stories for "The Green Lantern",
> >why should a verison of The Lensman not rip off D.C. Comics?
> >>Adamantius
> >
> >You know, that never occured to me, but you're right! Wow. I must admit I
> >thought the anime version of 'Lensmen' was a bit lame though.
>
> A bit? A bit???

I knew I liked you, Master A.  A Right-Thinking Person, clear-quill.

Weird fannish moment:  when they first screened the Lensman anime' feature
[hork, ptui]
at Westercon many years ago, some clueless young fannish things sat in front
of Jared and I.  "The Planet Boskone" appeared upon the screen complete with
subtitle.  "Hey, they named the planet after that convention" said one
c.y.f.t.  I had to hold Jared back...

[For everyone else:  Boskone, the baddies on the piece, came first.  Some time
later, science fiction fans in Boston named their February convention after
it.  Bos-con, convention, get it?  These c.y.f.t.'s didn't.]

Speaking of SF Fandom, WorldCon is coming up, anybody going?  We'll be working
the Con Suite, and Jared is holding a party there for his 30th Anniversary in
Fandom & the SCA on Sunday Afternoon.  Y'all come!

Selene aka Susan Fox-Davis, tired old fan
selene at earthlink.net