[Sca-cooks] a banner birthday-

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Aug 15 15:00:34 PDT 2002

At 11:49 AM 8/15/02,Laura C. Minnick said something like:
>Hey gang!
>
>Julia Child is 90 today!
>
>Let's hear it for the Doyenne of Butter and cream sauces!
>
>Shall we have something yummy at the Rock in her honor?
>
>'Lainie

THAT explains why I was able to find veal shoulder chops for about $1 lb.
at the end of the butcher rack today.  I knew it was a sign that we should
have  veal marsala for dinner tonight!!

Hmmm, maybe I'll find something nice for accompaniments and dessert too.
(Ever since that weight loss surgery I've found it really challenging to
get in the mood to cook, but it has struck me firmly today).

Maybe a lovely cheesecake for dessert with suitably decadent ingredients?
Or, some of those lovely little nuns farts pastry thingies......

Regards,
Maggie MacD.