[Sca-cooks] Wine Must and Honey?

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Mon Aug 19 07:13:54 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/19/2002 8:36:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
alysk at ix.netcom.com writes:

> Would you please clarify and/or expand for me about must and honey?

Must is unfermented fruit (usually grape) juice. Very often, for cooking
purposes, it's concentrated by boiling... so you could kind of call it a
sugar. It's kind of like a fruit syrup at that stage. I've found grape
"molasses" in the local Middle Eastern grocery, so I assume it's still an
ingredient in cooking there.

Honey isn't usually an ingredient in must... but it's of course a sweetener
in it's own right. I assume you'd mix the two to make a pyment? By this I
mean a fermented fruit (usually grape) mead like beverage.

My communication skills aren't what they usually are, some planets in my
chart are twonky... so if I'm unclear, or wrong, let me know.

Corwyn

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)