[Sca-cooks] Wine Must and Honey?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 19 19:36:00 PDT 2002

Must is the juice of pressed grapes, in other words, the basis of grape
wine.  It has naturally occurring sugars which can be fermented.  Honey is
the basis of mead.

What Drake is talking about is converting almost all the natural sugar to
alcohol to produce a very "dry" wine.

As I understand it, this doesn't answer the problem of making a beverage for
a diabetic because dry wines are still high in carbohydrates which break
down into sugars causing insulin demand.

Bear