[Sca-cooks] Re: Wine Must and Honey?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 20 05:28:34 PDT 2002

Bear clarified:

>Must is the juice of pressed grapes, in other words, the basis of
grape
>wine. It has naturally occurring sugars which can be fermented.

So... must _has_ sugars but it isn't a sugar, correct?  I want to be
very careful about the concept and the words so that I am absolutely
clear about it.  As I noted earlier, my friend would read the above
quote and come to the conclusion (as s/he has already done) that
must is therefore a sugar.  "Containing" a sugar and "being" a sugar
are two different things to me...

Alys Katharine