[Sca-cooks] Re: Home again, home again, jiggety jog

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Aug 20 20:26:59 PDT 2002

Olwen replied to me with:
>>Like you, I don't particularly find the large, wall-to-wall with people
>>parties that much fun. Perhaps because of my vision problems. Even though
>>this was my eighth Pennsic (21,23,25,27,28,29,30,31) this is the first
>>I've heard of this "Bards by Night" book. Sure sounds more certain than
>>simply wandering around the Pennsic roads looking for small bardic
>>fires, which didn't work too well for me this year. Maybe next year.
>>If I go back.
>>--
>>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of
>
> Yeah, and since you spent so much time hanging out at House Blackstar in the
> evenings you were bound not to find those dances or bards.  Alas, we have
> several dancers in camp, but they are all off dancing the night away instead
> of bringing music and dancers to camp.

Actually, on at least one of the nights that I stopped by House
Blackstar, I started out walking around the lake the long way, looking
for bardic circles and ended up at your place after circling the lake
having not found any bardic circles or other entertainment.

I do draw a distinction between ME dancers and bardic circles. They

don't co-exist very well and, at least locally, the former tend to
have driven off the latter. I miss being able to drop in on small
bardic fires or vice-versa with wandering bards. They were much, much
more common ten or twelve years ago.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net