[Sca-cooks] Contribution to the SCA-Cooks potluck

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:17:47 PDT 2002

Anne wrote;
>I did chard cooked with verjuice. I was looking for some kind of greens,
>because I was sure I could get good fresh ones, and I had verjuice from
>trying something else.  Also, most greens recipes don't have to be
>piping hot, and I knew that could be difficult to ensure.  I got this
>from the Florifiles, under Vegetables. It was in a post from Phillipa

I really liked these alot.  I even had seconds.  I rarely do seconds of
anything so that is a good complement.

Who was it brought the wee brussel sprouts again?  She even made the pot
they were cooked in as I recall.  I really liked those also.  hmmm..there
were several dishes and the soup that I really enjoyed.

I'm a very picky about appearance so I did have trouble with some of the
dishes but tried them anyway, some I liked, some I didn't.  It's kinda like
that whole pizza thing; I like all the ingredients, I just can't stand
looking at them all piled up and swimming in grease...
Olwen