Gads, Zooks! was Re: [Sca-cooks] Drive - by Dessertings

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Aug 21 09:37:53 PDT 2002

> Here's a website that might help, including at least one relish recipe that fits
> your description:
>
> http://www.grannyskitchen.com/zucchini/
>
> Helpfully, Selene in Caid

Kewl!

I think the Canadian Zucchini Relish recipe is closest to what I remember.
I don't recall using peppers at all, but the leaving the z and onions
overnight in salt is familiar.

And dicing all that stuff is just way too much labor. We ran it through
the meat grinder. Minced veggies a la Magic Chef. :-)

I *will* have to get the recipe from Mom. It won first prize at the IL
state fair the year I sent it--my only state fair entry ever. IIRC it used
three baseball-bat sized squashes.

Hmmm.

Margaret, thinking that perhaps the canner has to come up from the
basement again