[Sca-cooks] Cooks Pot Luck - Bal-po Soup

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 17:14:37 PDT 2002

--- Philippa Alderton <phlip_u at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Drakey asked:
> > Goat meat here is slightly sweeter than lamb and
> no
> > more flavoured than
> > Hoggett.  As I can get Hoggett, I'll use that.
> Can
> > you ask Paul Buell
> > if my approach is valid?
>
> Done. I'll post his answer as soon as I get it.

Here 'tis ;-)

Good points. Maybe I should adopt the word Hoggett. It
perfectly describes
the meat in question. And I did not mean to malign
Australian lamb. It is
excellent and we cook with it all the time. But only
recently did we begin
to use it for Yinshan Zhengyao recipes and miss the
goat we used to have in
quantity. Did I mention that the goat was home grown
and range fed? My wife
is a weaver and traded her weaving for the goat.

Hopefully, no drought, but more Australian lamb and
mutton here (Seattle)
would not be a bad thing.

Paul

=====