[Sca-cooks] Reviewed in LIIWEEK: Intl Dutch Oven Society

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Aug 23 06:41:50 PDT 2002

Also sprach jenne at fiedlerfamily.net:
>The International Dutch Oven Society
>   (IDOS)
>       This organization's mission is "to promote and
>       encourage the art and skill of Dutch oven cooking."
>       There is information on cookoffs, a collection of
>       recipes, a FAQ, images of dutch ovens, and links to
>       related sites (but no instruction for those new to
>       cooking with these wood-fired pots).
>       http://www.idos.com/

I've never used one before (although I do own one), but some of the
recipes are pretty darned specific in their instructions. I'd feel
fairly confident in seasoning mine like any other iron pot, then
following the instructions on exactly how much coal to have on top,
and on the bottom, etc.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER