[Sca-cooks] Dubba (Way..way..off topic...political rant)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Fri Aug 23 13:04:07 PDT 2002

(hear in the background a choris of the KANSAS tune 'Point of No Return"
. . . . 'pile On!')

I am neither a Rep nor Dem, but I have heard nearly every economist
discussing the National Economy of the US say that Economic Policies do
not impact the flow of trends for nearly eight (8) years, so not much
chance that anything Mr. Bush, Jr. has done can have impacted the
economy so much as the previous Administration.  Sre, everyone takes
credit themselves and blames the other guy, but the pervasive teaching
is that the inertia of the US economy cannot be diverted in such short
time . . . . influencing it is definitley doable, but not changing the
course of the market.

Anyone really think that Enron and Time Warner just started being a
problem when Bush took the oath?  Prolly not.  Just as that mold on the
surface of the bread bespeaks a longer infection and more spore beneath
the crust, you can bet that there i a whole lot more going on the Bush
making an error somewhere.

fra niccolo difrancesco

In a message dated 8/23/02 2:39:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
doc at medievalcookery.com writes:

> I'm a life-long, pro-commerce republican, and
> I find myself in the bizarre position of wanting Clinton back ( ...
and
> I thought we couldn't find a worse person to serve as president.
Hah!).

Because even though Clinton was Democrat, he did a better job boosting
our
economy than most Republicans would. It goes to show you that if
politics are
for the people, they will be happy and work to make the corporations
rich.

Misha
Liberal Democrat! Vivat Liberalism!!!!! Erm...getting carried
away.....