[Sca-cooks] More on food song (wandering OT)

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Fri Aug 23 16:15:43 PDT 2002

> I just discovered that if you're a registered Amazon "member", you
> can download an mp3 of George Hearn and Patti LuPone (Patti
> LuPone?!?!?) doing "A Little Priest" with the New York Philharmonic.
> Of course, Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury at the Uris (now Gershwin)
> Theater they ain't, but this is not too shabby a version.

Since I have the Cariou/Lansbury on CD, I don't need the Hearn/LuPone. I
did, however, see the Hearn/LuPone on PBS. It's not half bad... of course,
that means it's not half good, either. Angela was born to be Mrs. Lovett, as
she was born to be Mame Dennis.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: DOS=HIGH... Yeah, I just KNEW it must be on something!!!