[Sca-cooks] More on food song (wandering OT)

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Aug 23 16:37:49 PDT 2002

Also sprach Avraham haRofeh:
>  > I just discovered that if you're a registered Amazon "member", you
>>  can download an mp3 of George Hearn and Patti LuPone (Patti
>>  LuPone?!?!?) doing "A Little Priest" with the New York Philharmonic.
>>  Of course, Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury at the Uris (now Gershwin)
>>  Theater they ain't, but this is not too shabby a version.
>
>Since I have the Cariou/Lansbury on CD, I don't need the Hearn/LuPone. I
>did, however, see the Hearn/LuPone on PBS. It's not half bad... of course,
>that means it's not half good, either. Angela was born to be Mrs. Lovett, as
>she was born to be Mame Dennis.

And a dem' fine Aunt Dahlia Travers, too, if they should ever do any
more Jeeves and Wooster stories for the BBC...

However, my reason for posting the info was for people who didn't
have access to the "original" version. _Was_ the Hearn/LuPone on PBS?
I only remember Hearn being in the staged musical, in costume, with
Angela Lansbury, shown on PBS (although he worked with Dorothy
Loudon, originally, in the stage musical when he was in it).

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER