[Sca-cooks] Spices

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 19:26:04 PDT 2002

So I went to the Pepperer's Guild, and now I have Long Pepper, cubebs,
galangale, blade mace, and I don't remember what else... So now what do
I do? :-\
Mace and (real) stick cinnamon are not totally unfamiliar, so I'm not as
concerned about them. But I haven't the first clue what the others are
like. All suggestions welcome!

Anne

      One thing that I tried,and allowed me to taste the spices
  and spice mixes I had made,was to use them on plain chicken
  breast cooked on a small grill,then try them again on Steak
  prepared the same way.Simple,effective and above all TASTY !!
     While I am not familar with a surbachi,most any spice can
  be done up with Mortar and Pestle,I will admit to cheating with
  a coffe grinder for bigger quantitys of spices.Hope this helps
  a little.

    Aethelwulf

Æthelwülf