Swedish cooking (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: *Is* this a cooks list? and more)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 24 09:08:58 PDT 2002

On 24 Aug 2002, at 1:46, Kristina L Klingler wrote:

> Now that we've gotten that out of the way, topics I would like to
> see... Well, how about late period swedish food?  Recipes?  Good
> sources?  In english?  That don't involve herring?  Or cleaning
> products?

Have you seen the menus posted at the Olde Cookery Book website?
They're from the household of Hans Brask, a 16th century Swedish bishop.
http://www.bahnhof.se/~chimbis/tocb/recipes/menus/brask/index2.html

There are no pre-1600 Swedish recipies on the site, but the menus may
help you select appropriate recipes from post-period sources.  You might
also want to email the site's author, Martin Skjöldebrand, since he is a
Swede with an interest in historical cooking.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net