[Sca-cooks] Re: *Is* this a cooks list? and more

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 25 00:43:53 PDT 2002

> Also sprach Kristina L Klingler:
>> I'm the unwed Mama of a beautiful 2 year old girl.  AKA
>>The Golden Child.  [Kinda explains the lack of free time, eh?  :)]

Oops. I forgot to reply to this earlier. Have you looked at the files
in the CHILDREN section of the Florilegium? Perhaps some of these
might be of interest to you such as:
children-msg     (144K)  4/19/00    Children in the SCA and period.

2-Hobyhorses-art   (5K)  1/28/01    "Two Ideas for Hobbyhorses" by Slaine Ni
                                       Chiarain.
child-clothes-msg (32K)  6/ 6/00    Period and SCA children's clothing.

child-wagons-msg   (7K)  9/27/99    Wagons for hauling children at events.
Adamantius said:

> Above all, if you do have to
> buy venison (or anything  else, for that matter) it's good to develop
> a good working relationship with your butcher or other vendor. I
> think there's an essay about this, written by me, in THL Stefan li
> Rous'  Florilegium files (http://www.florilegium.org). Basically it
> involves buying from the same vendor more or less year-round (which
> does not mean exclusively, but don't be a stranger to him except when
> you need cheap venison). There's more, along similar lines.

This is the file, in the FEASTS section:
HC-butchers-art   (13K) 10/ 4/97    For Headcooks - How to work with your local
                                       butcher.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net